What Information does EyeQEyewear.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Eye Q Eyewear experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future website experiences for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses EyeQEyewar.com and other content served by or on behalf of EyeQEyewear.com on other Web sites.
What about Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as EZ Ordering, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does EyeQEyewear.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- Protection of EyeQEyewear.com and Others: We release account and other information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of EyeQEyewear.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is My Information?
- EyeQEyewear.com protects all information entered on our website. We do not take payment online, so there will not be any payment information stored on the site. You may pay by check or credit card over the phone.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can add or update certain information at any time.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please advise us accordingly.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit EyeQEyewear.com your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Illinois. If you have any concern about privacy at EyeQEyewear.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Give Us -- You provide such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through EyeQEyewear.com; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, business name, address, and phone numbers.
- Automatic Information -- Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Best Sellers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes.
- Information from Other Sources -- Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- Information You Can Access -- Examples of information you can access easily at EyeQEyewear.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications, address book); and shipment preferences.